For a team to be effective there must be Synergy. Synergy is when the total effect is greater than the sum of the individual effects. In other words, each task that a team member completes only has “real” value when it is combined with all the other tasks of each team member, successfully completing the project at hand.
So why are Team’s not aligned and fail to communicate a clear message within an organization? There are many reasons; however, one primary reason that seems to be prevalent in most teams is that:
“A team member is usually isolated because they are not understood. This lack of understanding leads to isolation. And it’s this isolation that creates discord within the team. And rest assured, this discord will be known throughout the organization.”
More Reasons Why!
Lack of a Team Branding Statement!
A team does not have defined processes and procedures in place, or if they do exist, they are not clearly understood and/or followed.
Some people think their job/task is more important than anyone ease.
Most job responsibilities are not “really” understood, therefore, not respected or considered in the total scope of projects and responsibilities.
Team members are not “truly” aware of what strengths they bring to the table and how to manage their “challenges” effectively.
Team members often operate out of isolation, as opposed to understanding others and managing social interactions more effectively.
No Team Logo had been established representing the functions of the team.
Regardless of the any reason. When these things happen you do not have a team brand.
You have a dysfunctional team!
- Recognize the unique contribution that each individual can make.
- Maximizing individual and team performance by incorporating emotional intelligence.
- Interact more effectively with team members and clients.
- Define employee’s attributes as they relate to their job and team members.
- Better define process and procedures within a group for better communications.
- Be more efficient at “reading” others.
- Understand the strengths and challenges that each team member brings to the table.
- Appreciate how each team member’s behavioral styles impacts the dynamics of the team as a whole.